At Energized Electrical we specialise in UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply Services, Sales, Installation & Maintenance.
We provide a full range of power protection solutions to ensure business continuity and protection of the vital assets of your premises. Including comprehensive preventative UPS maintenance services, earthing systems maintenance and testing, and battery system maintenance and testing.
Each facility is unique, and we collaborate with managers to develop a maintenance schedule to suit each site’s specific needs.
Dependant on client and facility and system needs this may include a schedule similar to the following:
Visually inspect equipment for loose connections, burned insulation or any other signs of wear.
- Visually check for liquid contamination from batteries and capacitors
- Clean and vacuum UPS equipment enclosures.
- Check HVAC equipment and performance related to temperature and humidity.
- Conduct thermal scans on electrical connections to ensure all are tight and not generating heat, which is the first and sometimes only indication of a problem. A non-evasive diagnostic tool helps technicians identify hot spots invisible to the human eye. Technicians should retorque if thermal scan provides evidence of a loose connection.
- Provide a complete operational test of the system, including a monitored battery-rundown test to determine if any battery strings or cells are near the end of their useful lives.
- Test UPS transfer switches, circuit breakers and maintenance bypasses.
If a generator is part of the building’s emergency-power system and feeds the UPS, it also will need to be tested monthly or quarterly. Most facilities have a generator-maintenance schedule in place in which testing frequency is defined.
A UPS typically is sized to carry the load for a short period of time. Longer outages require backup-power generation to maintain critical services.
To discuss what system would be best suited for your facility, contact us today on 1300 067 493 (1300 0 NRGZD)
Whatever your UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply needs, Energized Electrical can help